Redmond Regional Medical Center is a 230 bed acute care facility, serving as a referral source for all of northwest Georgia and parts of Alabama. The hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Including its healthcare partners, Redmond has over 245 physicians with more than 30 specialties and a support staff of approximately 1,200 associates.
Redmond offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient programs, many of which are unique to the northwest Georgia region. Nationally recognized as a top cardiac care center, lifesaving open-heart surgery is regularly performed at Redmond. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology services, orthopedics, vascular care, an inpatient rehabilitation unit and more.
Whether patients need state-of-the-art cardiac care, emergency treatment, intensive rehabilitation, a surgical procedure or anything in between, Redmond Regional Medical Center is ready to give them the very best care – all the time. For more information visit www.redmondregional.com.
Credentialing Instructions for Students
Students must be fully credentialed with Redmond prior to EACH rotation start date. You will credential in one of three ways:
If your school sends credentialing documents for you, make sure you have taken the Redmond Quizzes and signed the Redmond Confidentiality Statement at school.
If you are required to submit these items, take the student quiz online, take the IP/EHS quiz online, and send the Confidentiality Statement (Download PDF) to Mandy Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org (or fax to 706-378-3113). She will forward these items to Redmond credentialing staff for you.
If your school does NOT provide credentialing services, please follow the instructions below.
- Complete the electronic Georgia Statewide AHEC Network Student Support Form.
- Print and sign the Redmond Confidentiality Statement.
- Review the Student Slideshow Presentation
- Take the student quiz. You must score a 90 or above; results will be sent electronically to BRAHEC.
- Take the IP and EHS quiz. You must score a 90 or above; results will be sent electronically to BRAHEC.
- Email the following items to Mandy Hunter at email@example.com or fax to 706-378-3113.
- Signed Redmond Confidentiality Statement
- Immunization records w/current PPD or Chest x-ray (within last 12 months)
- Current season flu vaccine record
- National background check
- 10 Panel drug screen
- Letter of Good Standing from your school
- Certificate of insurance (school’s liability insurance)
If you are completing a rotation outside the hospital at one of Redmond’s Family Care Practices, please contact Mandy Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.