Many hospitals and clinics now require a national background check and ten panel drug screen on all students within the twelve months prior to the rotation end date. If you can obtain results from your school, you may forward those to credentialing staff. If not, the following information will be helpful in obtaining your own background check and drug screen. The processes are fairly simple. Just make sure you obtain a national background check and ten panel drug screen from a certified agency and request a copy of your results. Some frequently used “student friendly” agencies are listed below.
Step 1: Select a Certified Agency
Step 2: Select the Background & Drug Screen Type
- National criminal background check including sex offender
- 10 panel drug screen
Step 3: Provide Your Information
- Complete a current and former residency history and criminal background information. It is important to be thorough and complete.
Step 4: Read the Acknowledgement and Provide Payment.
- Read through everything to make sure you know what you are agreeing to, and then check the appropriate boxes and include the date for your electronic signature.
- Follow instructions on the “Check Out”
- Receive confirmation that your payment was accepted and print a receipt for your records.
Some agencies will send results within three to five days, others will take longer. Be sure to frequently check for results, because some agencies make it available for only a limited time. When available, download the results, save the document and email a copy to credentialing staff as instructed. We advise that you keep a copy for your records and future rotations.